Thursday, February 24, 2011

There's a Horn a'Honkin!

There's this car horn that has been going off in the parking lot of Mountain View for a solid 2 hours. It's not like a car alarm or anything; it's just a continuous blaring of this one note. I actually don't even mind it. I am more concerned that someone is slumped over the steering wheel, and that that is why the horn is going off. And if someone is slumped over the steering wheel, that means they're either passed out or dead. It reminds me of "Day in the Life" by the Beatles: "He blew his mind out in a car / He hadn't noticed that the light had changed." That's a rather odd reworking of the idea of red light optimism. Red lights provide a rather opportune time for blowing one's brains out. I guess.
Anyhow, I am trying to focus on more light-hearted things on this here blog. Because lately, I keep focusing on dreary things like regret, and no one wants to read about dreary stuff for too long, or else they start feeling dreary too.
Laurie just came back from class, and someone set off their car alarm, so then there was a car alarm and a horn blaring. So then we got all riled up and I decided to set my alarm off, too. Laurie would have done the same, but she couldn't 'cuz her car Carole doesn't have an alarm. But then more people started beeping their horns or setting off their alarms, and it was complete chaos for a couple minutes. Laurie and I were whooping and hollering like a bunch of baffoons, and it was such a blast. Sometimes it's fun to just make a bunch of noise.
It would be easy to be annoyed by a horn incessantly honking. But it's a hell of a lot more fun to just laugh at it, and make some noise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment